Wednesday, September 3, 2008

They're baaaaack!

While waiting for Myron at soccer practice last night, I had a gall stone attack that hit me very suddenly. It was so bad that I couldn't even talk through it. I had to drive, so I said a prayer and sped as fast as I could go safetly to get Shane. After getting Shane, we decided the best thing to do would be to call an ambulance but, we were only a block away from the fire station, so we went there. It would be too much to wait another hour for Bren to get home from football and then load everyone up at 7 at night. Did I mention that the today was the first day of school? So, I was put on a stretcher and loaded up and taken to East Bremerton which was about an hour away. The Silverdale hospital was full. I made Shane stay home with the kids to get them to bed and ready for school the next day. I had never been in an ambulance before. My imagination was on overload that's for sure. If I could think clearly, i'd elaborate but......I am on a very high dose of a certain narcotic and my mind isn't functioning the way it normally does. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I arrived at the hospital at 8, left at 11 (quick I know) and got home around 12:30. Around 2am the pain started coming back and I didn't have any pain pills because I couldn't find a 24 hour pharmacy. At about 6 in the morning, I took one of my sleep pills left over from after Mae was born and finally fell asleep. Fast forward to 1pm. Pain is back and intense again. Luckily I had an apt at 3 with my dr. Betty Bennet. Wrong...apparently it was at 2.
I got there at 2:45 and they were so incredibly rude that finally, in tears I said to the office manager Cindy how I didn't appreciate how inconsiderate and unkind she was being to me. I had to be seen by my Dr. to be referred to a surgeon, so this really was a big deal to be seen. Cindy told me that I would never been seen there again and told me that she was going to call my insurance people to let them know. I broke down again, here I am in pain with Rylan and Mae in tow and she is denying me service?? Finally Dr. Bennet came in and I told her everything. Guess what she said to my question of her stand on letting me go because her employee was rude to ME. "It's for the best". I was hurt and shocked. I walked out stunned. So, no Dr., lots of pain, and no plan. I called Dr. Keyes, a member in our ward, my mothers doctor and Myrons scout leader. He had me come in right away. He had them give me two shots for the pain and a number to call tomorrow to schedule the surgery. Talk about an insane day. So after that....Shane and I had to do some grocery shopping. Boy, that was a crazy experience. Anyhow, i'm home, got my drugs, my book and some snacks. Hopefully the pain won't come back or I am on my way to the ER again. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, here is a cool website that explains what I am going through. Ciao.
http://www.becomehealthynow.com/article/bodydigestive/677/

2 comments:

Corey said...

So sorry to hear that you were in such pain today. I hope you are feeling better and that everything will go away for good. How lame about your Doctor experience. How rude!

Ashley said...

Oh, Katie, I'm really sorry! What a terrible day. And thank goodness for Greg. I'm home for the next few weeks full time; call if you want me to help care for the kiddos!