Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-11

I can't let today go by without talking about the events that happened on 9/11. It is still an eery day in our history and I don't think a single person can't recall where they were when the planes hit the two towers. I was in bed sleeping when a friend from England called to see if I was okay. I sat up, turned on the television and watched in horror as one of the twin towers was on fire. They were talking about a plane crashing into it and as if that wasn't horror enough, I watched live as the second plane hit the second tower. Your mind doesn't want to believe what it is seeing. Kind of like the 7.4 earthquake that hit here right before. You just cannot fathom that the earth would move. Your nice steady world, being shaken up without your control or understanding. At that point, no one could see the good that would come out of it. Some still shake their heads in disagreement but since then, I have never been so proud to be an American. We were and still are disconnected from each other. It is so easy to hurt someone that we can justify saying that we don't know. That day in history, we were all targeted, thus we as a country banded together to support and help one another. That day in history we realized that we are all the same. Americans.
Peace.

No comments: