Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Still.......yuck!

My expectations for recovery were a bit too high. I assumed that I would get to rest and then would be up and around today. Wrong. I underestimated the power of 5 children. Today was a half day. Yesterday I thought it a great blessing to have the older kids home today to help out. Instead, they kept running into my room because of a fight or question. So, here I am, in more pain than yesterday, exhausted and awnry. Shane is trying to hang in there, but he doesn't understand that if I don't rest, it will take longer for me to heal. It is just no fun when mom gets sick. I had to take Brennan and Noah to football practice tonight because Noah's mom had an emergency at work. I am not supposed to be driving yet, but really needed to get them there. On my way home, I was trying to think of who's house I could go to to take a nap and not be bothered. My family thinks that if I am lying in bed, that's resting. It is not resting if they are all jumping on me, wanting cuddles, help with homework, a judge for their fights etc! Anyhow, it is quiet out in the livingroom and I think I can get a good 1/2 hour nap in before Bren gets home from practice.
It's nice to vent!
Ciao

3 comments:

Megan said...

Feel better soon!!

Megan

Kate said...

M! How are you?? I can't tell where to post comments to your blog.

Megan said...

I am doing pretty well! I actually have kept comments closed until now, and I just haven't gone back and opened them on older entries...thanks for reminding me!!

Megan