Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday fun

My birthday was yesterday and it was a special day. After church, we went to lunch and then met Myron downtown to pick him up. He joined his scout troop on a "Crop Walk" to fight hunger.
Rhonda and Myron walked three miles. He was very proud of himself. I got to take a Sunday nap, which has been non existent this last month. After the kids were in bed, I was cleaning up and found little heart shaped notes all over the house from Shane. One of the notes said that he was taking today off to take me wherever I wanted, so today we headed to Port Gamble.
It is a beautiful little tourist town with only 60 residents and as you can see by the photos, it is just too picture perfect. We, or I, I should say, browsed through the sweet little antique shops and found a great 1950's hat. We visited the shell museum that I visited as a child and Rylan was enchanted. As small as it is, he kept wanting to go back and forth between the displays over and over. He said to me "mom, can you bring me here whenever I want"? It was too cute.
Another cute comment from Rylan was in the car on our way to Poulsbo. "Mom, if I put this (starfish that we bought) in the water, will it come back to life"? Too fun.
Here is Rylan in front of the cool shark display. I know these displays look pretty sparce and low budget (they are), but they are still cool. I am happy that the new owners have left it still intact.
Here Shane is on main street.
Below is the museum (upstairs) and the general store downstairs.



After our little tourist stop, we headed into Poulsbo to one of my favorite restaurants, Campanas.
It is a family owned Italian rest. that I have been going to since I was 12 years old and still just as yummy. I had the seafood fettuccini and the scallops were cooked to perfection.
After that, I went antiquing while Shane kept the kiddos at the waterfront park. Then I stopped by the fabric shop to buy some great prints for my vintage apron I am making.
It was a great day and I had even greater company. Thanks for all the birthday wishes.
It feels good to be 33.


I am adding a video now that I have this new computer that recognizes the video format on my camera. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great birthday! I'm glad you were able to spend the day with your sweethearts. I still want to take you out to lunch sometime soon!

Brooke said...

What a great way to spend your birthday (and the weather was perfect too.) You are very lucky to have such a wonderful family to share your life with.