Friday, September 12, 2008

Adventures in mommyhood, the 911 call.



Phone ringing-
Me: Rylan, where's the phone, Rylan? Rylan?
(Rylan is hiding somewhere)
Person on phone- 911 operator, I am responding to a hang up phone call
Me: Rylan! Um, it must of been my son, where is that *&^* kid! Um, I didn't even realize that he knew how to dial 911, smart kid! I mean.....no, he shouldn't of called, I am so sorry, everything is fine. Yes, I can speak freely, it was my 4 year old. No, you don't need to send someone over.
Thank you, goodbye.
Me: (yelling) RYLAN! You called 911??? Who taught you, why, how, when??
Rylan: I just learned by myself. I had a tummy ache. I think the ambulance needs to fix me.

Okay, at this point I have totally melted and think this is the cutest thing ever. I can't help but give him lots of cuddles. Ever since I had to take the ambulance to the hospital for my gall bladder attack, and then had to have surgery, he has been such the concerned yet fascinated child. After about 10 minutes of cuddles and giggles, here is who showed up at the door.
Not the best photo. Sorry officer. Seriously, I could have answered the door "hi OCCIFER" on account of the pain pills, but I just don't think the visit would have ended the same way. As in, him leaving. He was kind and explained to Rylan that it is important to be able to call 911 but not unless it is an emergency. Rylan was shy and hid behind me the entire conversation.
Thank you officer...what's his name (didn't ask). He was a great sport and something tells me that Rylan won't be calling again unless he absolutely has to. I love days like this. It reminds me of why I love being a mom. There are far more laughs than cries and that life with kids is never boring. By the way...it wasn't even 10 am yet!
Ciao!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny! I can't believe you took a picture of the police officer! Did you tell him why? I would have been way to embarrased to ask. I probably wouldn't have been thinking clearly enough to even think about taking a picture to put on my blog! See, your medication isn't slowing you down as much as you thought it was!

Kate said...

I'm sure I looked so weird to him anyhow that I figured, just go for it. I did tell him that it was for my blog and he nodded his head as if he understood. Good thing he can't look it up or he probably wouldn't approve of my photo! How did you like the video on Brooke's blog? Too funny! Brad's going to kill you for suggesting they actually do it!

Megan said...

HAHA. I was babysitting my two younger brothers once. They had been quiet for a while, and suddenly an officer showed up at the door. I had no idea why, because they were both denying having called. They didn't admit it was them until after he'd left. I felt so dumb, even though i hadn't done anything!!