Thursday, September 4, 2008

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

Today I am thankful for friends. Friends that are like sisters. Friends that drop everything to help you out. My cup runneth over with amazing friends. Yesterday was hard and last night even harder thanks to my midnight snack that turned into an all night gall bladder ache. That and Mae has a cold and kept waking up. Luckily I was able to get up with my first early riser, Myron who had to be on the bus by 6:55 this morning. After that, it was all over. I popped a pain pill and was out until 10:30. I had an apt at 11:30 with the surgeon and my friends Leslie and Chantal wanted to take me so I left the kids with Shane and went with my dear friends. I was feeling really hazy because of the pain meds so Leslie took notes and asked all the right questions. Thank heavens for her because even now, I couldn't tell you what went on in there. Just that my surgery is scheduled for Monday at 7:30am and I have to be there at 6:30am!!! Again......for those who know me....you can pick your jaw up from the floor now. I have to do it! I tried for a later time slot, and Leslie, bless her heart did as well. It's okay, I probably wont sleep much the night before anyhow. After the Dr, we all headed to Costco. I watched Chantal eat Pizza and yearned to take a bite. I have been put on a strict no fat diet until my surgery. Right before I was going to steal Chantals pizza and bolt for the door, Leslie brought me a chicken caesar salad and a berry shake. You know Costco though! On every aisle, there were enticing samples of bacon, cheese, sweets, etc. Anyhow, I made it out and am home in bed and on another pain medicine.
It's not really working, but I am not in too much pain, so I think I will relish in my clearmindedness for now. Oh, by the way......today is Shane's birthday! Just saying this last line reminds me of the episode on Seinfeld where George is trying to give the most pitiful story of his life to win over the apartment in his building. Okay okay....so he wins, but I am definitely a close second at this point!
Ciao

No comments: