Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ding dong, the TV's dead



Well, once again, I have done away with the television. Above is proof for you skeptics! It's always about this time of year and lasts off and on until summer time. This time I am committed to only watching tv when it is a family movie night. This is a big deal considering that I have been watching so many films this past summer. Familiar patterns return and I am back into reading. This first week I have finished 3 books that I started reading at the beginning of summer and just attended the library book sale today to claim a few more. I have also been obsessed with making toys for Rylan and Mae. Myron attended a Waldorf school a couple of years ago and Rylan took a Waldorf parent tot class. It was so inspiring and yet, I fell out of the groove for a while. I bought this really great book called " Creative Play" (see photo) that is inspired by Rudolph Steiner's Waldorf philosophies. I have been sewing and felting incessantly for the past few days. It is so rewarding to make something for the kids and have them be so excited. This week I worked on little felt people and felt floor puppets, wooden rails, wool pig and bird, and a baby doll. It is so fun to sit on the floor with Rylan and Mae and tell them a story and have them tell me one in their own words.


Today was a beautiful Saturday day. Shane and I hit a friends yard sale and scored a free standing hammock (sorry Michelle!) and a beautiful medicine cabinet for the bathroom. Then by pure luck it just happened to be my favorite thing in the world today. The library book sale!!!
My score for today was an old 30's class ic Aesop Fables book. I can't wait to read it to the kids tonight. After that, I went to pick up a down comforter that someone was selling and I was wanting....real bad. I am lying in it's pillowy warmth right now in fact and loving every minute of it. So, to sum it all up.....no tv, but down comforter and books. I'll take it!
Oh, and this sweet little clean something or other that I like to call Mae.

She's just being happy and another one of my favorite things is these happy moments.
Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

oooo, a hammock! you know i'm totally jealous. congrats on all the other scores as well...what a fun saturday. :) and that baby girl is SOOO beautiful, my goodness!