Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lazy Saturday? In my dreams!

I had this whole plan for hanging around the house today. Baking, reading to the kids and just enjoying each others company. It was raining pretty good and it just felt like that kind of day.
Problem 1- Shane forgot a meeting he had this morning with a client, looking at some commercial space.
Problem 2- Ran out of dog food and had to exchange Mae's dress for larger size before church tomorrow.
Problem 3-Came home from errand running and Nathan appeared to have a broken arm.

Yes, that's right, a broken arm. Being the absent minded mother that I am, I let it slip my mind that Nathan and Brennan are not to be alone together.....EVER! Apparently Nathan was picking on Brennan and was relentless as usual. Brennan, pushed to the max picked up his metal bat and swung at Nathan to scare him, but nicked his elbow instead.
So, looking at his large purplish softball size bump, we made the decision to head to the ER, our now second home. Nathan and I headed out around 3:30 and we were out of the ER around 5:45pm, so not bad. Not bad at all. As it turned out, he has a small fracture on his growth plate, and they bandaged it with an Ace bandage until he can see his regular doctor next week.
We made the most of it and went to dinner afterwards and shopping at Old Navy for a few small things. It was fun to hang out with him and laugh, even if it meant him getting hurt for us to get this opportunity.
So, we are home, happy and healthy and thinking up an inventive punishment for Nathan and Brennan for fighting. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Corey said...

Yikes! Is this what I have to look forward to as my boys get older! I really hope we've already had our share of broken bones, but chances are I'm sure we'll visit the ER much more as the boys get older. We hope Nathan feels better soon and that his arm heals well.