Saturday, September 6, 2008

Playing catch up.....it's not a sport

Now that I am feeling better, slightly annoyed with my children at the moment, but better all the same, I am going to write about what I would have written about Tuesday night. It was a big moment for Nathan when he and I went to his new school Woodward the day before school started. Well, maybe a bigger moment for me. He has an actual locker now with a combination. It was fun to open a locker again and to teach Nathan how to do the combo. It took him a few tries, but he finally got it. We walked around the school and to each of his classes and met some teachers. They do this for everyone earlier on, but we had missed it and I am glad we did. It is really nice to be the only parent/child duo walking around the school. No lines to meet the teachers and no chaos. Frankly, I have plenty of that already. It was relaxed and pleasant and I felt better about him going there and having 6 classes! What happened to my little guy? Who said he could grow up?

It's official, I have created a reading monster. For those of you that read my earlier blog about how Mae would never let me read to her and that she would only read to herself, psh. Remember my complaints? Well, I never anticipated that she would live and breathe being read to at such a young age. Her favorite books? "Little mommy", "The Teddy Bears Picnic", and " Curious George". It would be cute if she just liked to read them once, heck, it would even be cute if she wanted to read one book over and over one night. But, no.....after I finish each book, she screams and hands me the book again. Her favorite of all time is the 1950's classic "Little Mommy". I love that she makes the meow noise for the kitten playing on each page and I love her expression of wonder for how this little girl takes care of her dolls. It is so girly. What I don't particularly love, is that this afternoon, she was so tired and yet, wouldn't let me put the book down. We read little mommy 12 times until finally I hid the book and let her cry. I know, I am such a mean mommy.
Here are some cute photos of her in book bliss.
Rylan started his first team sport today. Soccer! He was so excited to finally be old enough. We went and bought him his first cleats and shin guards yesterday and he slept in them last night.
His team was too cute. Rylan went out there and talked more than he played. He talks with his hands so it was pretty dang cute.

Here he is in action. Look at him run! Some great moments on the field were when a couple of the kids ended up on someone else's field but kept playing anyways, Ry's friend Kyler would go up and high five his family during the game and Rylan just walking off the field because he was tired. Too cute!

Meanwhile, the big boys were playing. Myron is an amazing soccer player, so he is really fun to watch. He is super fast. Here he is with a couple good buddies from his team. Go Demon Pandas!
Yes.....the kids picked the team name. Can you tell?
After a quick rest, we are off to Brennan's football game at 5:30. I will post photos and news of that game later!
Ciao~

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How did our kids grow up so fast? Love the soccer pictures! Ben had fun playing his first time, too.