Tuesday, September 9, 2008

G day at the Hospital


Here we are in Bremerton at the hostipal (Rylan's terminology). We decided to bring the little ones because I feel more comfortable knowing they are around and Ry was a little too concerned about mommy to stay with any friends. They really did quite well and kept Shane company for the several hours we were there. What child doesn't have fun in a hospital room? There are gloves to blow up, contraptions to mess with and nurses to annoy!

Wouldn't you know it, Mae pulled out her "Little Mommy" book out of herbag that I had packed for daddy. We only read it 4 times before the nurse came in to take me into another room. As you can see, brother has given in and is starting to like the book as well.

Here is my awesome nurse Dorreen. She was so sweet and fun and helped me to relax.

The surgery went well. I was pretty nervous, but thanks to a blessing given to me by my husband and Brother Van Aken, I was calm and ready for the surgery.
Here is the end result. I tried to cut out as much of myself as I could so that you could just see the incisions. Each is about an inch long with the exception of the belly button incision which is about 2 inches long. Sore, but manageable.


Here is the belly button incision. Not too much gross out factor, but still a little icky all the same. Sorry about that!That's all for now. Back to resting! Ciao!

1 comment:

cantwell said...

Hey! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that you were in for surgery this week! Can I do anything to help you out? Hope you're feeling better soon!
-Nique