Sunday, January 31, 2010

Karaoke night

Weyyllll.......the night started out mellow enough with a dinner to welcome home Nichole at San Carlos. Nichole used to be in our ward and came for a brief 2 hour visit en route to her family's in Sequim. I should have left well enough alone and stayed but.......
This.....woman (picture below) had been asking me for months to come to Karaoke night with her so...........
Off we went to Isla Bonita.....the BAR side. Um.....wow. I felt so awkward and out of place. Not only was everyone drunk at 9:30pm ( I know right!), but I was hit on (trust me, not very flattering given their state), ditched.....(yes, ditched) and ended up singing karaoke by myself.
I sang THIS. OH YES.......I did. I knew not a soul and still sang....yes, AWKWARD.


Luckily, there were a few friends from high school that I did manage to visit with, if you call visiting screaming over the music and pushing your way through the very narrow hall. Top that with drunks waving their drinks and pool sticks and I am lucky to have made it home in one piece.

Let's just say that I WONT be going back anytime soon . Lesson learned.....follow those promptings sisters!



No comments: