Saturday, January 16, 2010

Temple+NOBU= Amazing night


Temple trip with Chantal and Rhonda. It was special, wonderful etc. of course. My highlight of the night was sitting in the "special" room at the temple and feeling overwhelmingly happy to be called to be an achievement days leader to some very special, loving little girls.
The shot above and below is of outside the ferry terminal, upper deck. I walked Rhondas kids across to meet their dad and met the girls down below on the street. It was so beautiful, the city lights and the light rain. Growing up, I spent sometimes 4 days a week in Seattle, so it pulls at my heart strings a little, every time I get to visit.
A view of the beautiful temple.
After leaving the temple we set out to find somewhere to eat. I remembered a very chic restaurant on 2nd street. Luckily it was still there and we were able to get in. If we would have waited just 10 minutes, it would have been standing room only. Happy Hour started at 10pm, so all food was at a great price.
Amazing food by the way. The three of us are "foodies" so it was quite a treat to be served such great food. The rest. is like a dance club, without the dance floor, but that didn't stop many people from dancing where they were standing. The music was great.
Below is a Kobe beef wrap with a sweet soy sauce and cabbage. The flavors were there, but the texture was too chewy for my liking.
Rhondas favorite was the avocado wraps that were fried and served with a spice aioli sauce.
Eh..it was okay.
The presentations were lovely.
Yam fries with wasabi sauce. They were very good and served in a very futuristic half egg sort of bowl. I didn't get a photo of my favorite, which was an unbelievable sushi roll called "The Bainbridge Islander". It had shrimp, avocado, roe, salmon and a phenomenal spicy sauce. There are no photos because we ate it so fast (and then ordered another).
Once upon a time (before Rylan was born 2002) I used to frequent Seattle clubs every weekend and sometimes during the week while I worked doing film reviews and as a columnist with my own "Shatie Katie Seattles out night, which was short lived. It was the best "job" ever and I really miss being able to be a part of that scene. I was excited to see a DJ at the rest. and noticed that he had new equipment that I hadn't seen before. I just had to go up and talk to him and have him show me. It is all via the computer now! I couldnt' believe it. Even his turntables aren't really turn tables. No more records. He can actually "scratch" without any needle hitting any record. WOW.

Dessert. I am not a dessert girl, but oh MY goodness. We had a fried banana thingmabob that I haven't stopped thinking about since I tasted it. Anyone up for a trip into Seattle this week??
Loving just being outside Seattle, I had to snap this shot of the street sign.
We got to the ferries just as the 1/4 full ferry closed it's gates at 11:00. RIDICULOUS. We were the first car in line and I begged them to let us on. Nope we ended up having to wait until the 12:10. We had great albeit loopy, silly conversation and ended up home around 1:30am.
We have decided to do this once a month. Do you have any great rest. recommendations?
We want to hit the swank, club, hot places, not the date night with your hubby places.
It was fun.....onto the next blog post.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't wait to hear what NOBU is!

Corey said...

Oooo, sounds like fun! I'd love to hang out sometime with you girls. Let me know the next time you are in the city and maybe we can hook up!