Monday, January 25, 2010

Whoa Nelly....they want to WHAT!?

I know...the title sounds so intriguing right? It's misleading. Tonight Nathan casually asks me if a girl (see this post) can come to church with him and bring her friend along too. "Excuse me", I say. "Since when were you a man, who has girlfriends that are THAT serious about you"? More importantly......let's get this out of the way...he is 14 (in two weeks)! I am not naive, I expected this, but I guess because of Nathans shyness and overall disdain for being like anyone else...I suppose that I regarded him as more of a late bloomer kind of guy. Weyyll (in moms Idaho drawl), I was, is, am wrong, again. I suppose as a mother, I should get used to this sort of thing, but I truly hate being wrong, especially about my children whom I have always known better than the back of my hand. So, here's what I'm a gonna do. I'm a gonna let these little girls come to church with us. They will not be sitting next to Nathan, but next to me. They will be required to go to their own classes and hopefully learn something. If you see them, please be sure to introduce yourself and embarrass them. Please, you will be doing me a huge favor.
In turn, I will duly do the same for yours.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You can always focus on the "missionary" aspect of this rather than the "girlfriend" aspect, who knows what might happen!