Sunday, January 24, 2010

Projects

We have been busy as bees getting the house the way we want it. We have lived in it 7 years and it is time for a makeover. Here are just a couple of things Shane has been working on this week, among the very very many. He turned my bedroom closet into an office. I have been needing a private quiet (well, quieter) space and now I have it, albeit small.
He finally built that built in bookshelf/et center but really a bookshelf for me. I stained it Saturday and am eagerly anticipating tomorrow when I can finally put all my treasured books on it's shelves.
Below is what it looked like without the stain. Bleck.
My projects? Well, I attempted a more difficult pattern (it said fast and easy on the cover, ha!)
and after 4 hours into it, I was in tears. Another 7 hours later and voila, a semi put together dress. Just don't look too close. It seriously, might fall apart.

I was so thankful this week to put a good old store bought dress on her. I think I am done with sewing dresses or anything with a pattern for quite a while.

No comments: