Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas!



It was a great no..fabulous Christmas. We haven't been home for Christmas AND by ourselves for years and years if ever. Even if we stayed home (maybe 3 times) we at least had family here. This year it was just US. We were so hoping for snow, but alas....when you want it, it never comes and when you dont....well...you know. Christmas Eve, we went to Catholic Mass with the Tophams and mutual friends, the Gawliks. It was really neat and I think it might be a new tradition, although Mae was um.....HORRIBLE! She kept flirting with everyone who would look at her and most people weren't shy about glaring at me for her behaivor. Boy do I love my religion! All during mass, I kept thinking that. I couldn't believe how unorganized they were.
I missed the almost obsessive compulsiveness of our religion. Enough said for now.
We gave in and bought the kids a Wii this year and we couldn't be happier. It has been AWESOME! Shane and I have had great fun playing Wii sports, especially tennis.
We were so excited to give the kids their gifts this year, that when Nathan awoke at 2am or so, we just decided to wake everyone up and give gifts then. We had put them to bed at 8pm, so we figured that they had had a good nights sleep. We were then able to sleep in because the older boys ended up playing Wii all night. Genius plan I tell you! Genius!
We were so excited because after last years "Handmade Christmas" the kids weren't expecting much let alone everything they put on their list. With the profits from my bazaar and a large Christmas bonus from Shane's client, we had a plentiful Christmas and the kids sure deserved it.
Nathan got his guitar, Myron got his huge lego house and city, Brennan got his airsoft gun and Rylan got his scooter and skateboard. Mae got her temporary kitchen until a local carpenter finishes hers.
I know it's not about WHAT you get, but it felt really good to spoil our kids this year. What a great night.


I have to go back a minute and show these few photos of Mae. I didn't want to intrude on Rylans birthday post. Mae just adores Chuck E Cheese. Bleck, I know. It's like Walmart, but she loves it.

On Rylans birthday, while we were in Silverdale, I took Mae to see Santa Clause at the mall. She was just over the moon excited and of course, immediately made friends with the cutest little girl standing in line just ahead of us. They were the same age and kept egging each other on to get just a little closer to the Clause.
Soon, it became these cute three little girls, all the same age, anxiously awaiting Santa. They wouldn't allow me to take any "free" photos of Mae and Santa, but I can say that he was of course enamoured with her. She gave him a hug and kiss and said thank you when he gave her a candy cane. She made his day he said.
Photos of us trimming the tree. I am totally backwards with this post.


Okay, that's all for now! On to our New Years Eve party, then I am all caught up!

No comments: