Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sewing is like cooking

I am really loving sewing. I have found that sewing is a lot like cooking. Once you know the ingredients and the method, you can create your own works of art.
Don't look too close at this dress. It is far from perfect. It is just my second one. I am feeling that the more I do, the more polished they will look. It is so fun to make things for Mae.
I started with a basic free pattern and put my own spin on it. I am so happy with the results.
I can't wait to start making works of art for her wardrobe.

I added a felt flower brooch and felt purse for her little bible. I really wanted to do a little doll, but held myself back. It is easy to "overkill" a design, much like over flavoring a dish, and you can't go back from that.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That's adorable, Katie. You are very talented in so many ways. I hope she'll be wearing it at church today.

Jenny said...

Way to go! I remember not too long ago when you said you were afraid to make curtains. I think you've overcome your fear!