Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brief interruption of posts

Since, I cast my *cough* written journal aside to blog on the net, I have been missing out on the therapeutic(ness) healing of an actual private (yes...can you imagine?), journal.
If I had a private journal again( which I will be purchasing first thing tomorrow) I would be pouring out words of longing. Longing to have my little boy back again and not entering *gasp* high school. I didn't/couldn't imagine what an emotion day this was. Here we were in the same high school that I went to not even 20 years ago. Okay...maybe 20 years ago, but I don't feel it!
Does that count? The first building, of course is a new build and it didn't hit me then, but coming into the building that is reserved for the arts, hit me like a ton of bricks. It just didn't feel like it had been that long since I had walked the same halls. The same smells hit me. I remembered the anxiousness, excitement, rejection....longing to be grown up. While experiencing this nostalgia, I looked over at my son. Excited, anxious, growing up in front of my very eyes. How did this happen so fast? I became overwhelmed at the thought of just 4 more years together. Sometimes, don't you wish to be young and back at home? Every need of yours taken care of and carefully watched over? I want to shelter my children so badly. I want to take them all to some remote town/country and spend the rest of our lives together, just us.
Do you feel this way? I want to hold on to every moment, second....etc. because in an instant...it is gone. This is everything I would write in my journal, if I had one..that and a little more.
I just adore my children. They are everything to me. As I wrote notes to them tonight, I couldn't help but ponder on how amazing they truly are. How truly blessed we are to have the opportunity to hold on to these sweet spirits, however short our time may be together.
Goodnight.

No comments: