Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The day my camera died aka....my 35th birthday

It was such a beautiful day. Shane woke me up with beautiful flowers and a russian tea cake from Sluys bakery. I stayed home all day, cuddling Mae, trying to overcome this queasiness that the flu brought to me. When the kids got home, they each took their time coming up with their own gifts. Myron wrote me the sweetest letter ever.
At 6pm, we all me at SUBI for dinner. It was wonderful. So many menu options!
Jenny and Gretchen below. Jenny is like a sister to me. We have known each other the longest of all my friends. I remember looking up to her when I was younger and she is such the person to be looking up to. Love you Jenny! I always feel safe with her.
Stacy and Sandy came tonight which was so wonderful. MIA once again were my friends from high school that RSVP'd that they would be there.
Loved that Jennifer made me such a lovely cake. What a thoughtful woman.
Stephy eating her scallops and mushroom fried potato thingy.

Delicious and lovely food.

What a great night. I was quite emotional when everyone sang happy birthday. Today was a more momentous occasion than anyone would guess. Being 35 is a big deal in my world.

The beautiful cake!
At the end of the night....I dropped my beloved camera. The camera that has helped me with so many blog posts. I am trying to stay positive. I have so many more things to cry about right now than my camera. So...for now.....and for however long.....this might be the most interesting post.
Shane and I went to karaoke with a bunch of friends tonight. It was fun. NO, I didn't sing, but i DID dance. Shane says I still have it. Now that I mention it....what am I doing here? I need to go lova lova that hot husband of mine!
xo

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday, you deserve a special day! And I'm so sorry, again, about your camera. I feel extra bad since you were giving me a hug when you dropped it.

Brooke said...

Happy Bday Katie!! I'm so sorry that I missed all the fun at dinner. I was being a wimp at home with tired, swollen feet. Blech. But it looks like you had a great time. Yeah!