Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day four- Time to go home

Okay lazy birds....one more night of this and then back home tomorrow!
On day 4- Tuesday, we headed home, stopping in Sequim to pick berries and get shrimp. Yum.
Our favorite place is located right next to the Olympic Game farm. As it turns out, they were closed this year. We took advantage of our getting lost and then found trip, to see the bison from afar. We did go to the entrance to inquire what the fees were. 13 $ an adult and 11$ for kids. WHAT?! No way!
We migrated (yeah) to Graymarsh farms. The "popular" place to pick berries. It was awesome.
I was so excited to let Mae loose on the berries. She loves loves LOVES berries and couldn't shove those berries in fast enough. Brooke, could you imagine Adana and Mae out there? We need to go next summer.

After picking our fair share, I was oh so anxious to finally hit my favorite shrimp spot. Again, Brooke, I thought about bringing you some, but it's an addiction, I don't wish on you while pregnant. I can just imagine Nathan having to trek out to Sequim for your cravings. Again...next summer. We will let the kids pick berries while we gorge ourselves on this amazing shrimp and we wont share! Like I said....this place is backwoods. Unfortunately, I didn't get "Bubba Gump" this time around, but his wife was happy to pose for a photo.

And there is the bad boy right there. I bought my usual 20.00 worth and ate them the entire way home. I was in fear someone would report me for littering, for all the "odds and ends" I was throwing out. Think texting and driving is dangerous? Try peeling and eating shrimp while driving! Somehow we made it home, alive and full...it was a fantastic trip.
xo

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You're on for both the shrimp & the berries next summer. I LOVE both!

Jenny said...

What a great vacation! I'm so glad you got a camping spot...you're such a great example of faith.

And those shrimp are HUGE!