Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday night fever

My dear friend Chris and I have been planning for some time to go out. I had plans with my friends from high school, but they fell through at the last minute and I was all dressed up with no where to go. Myron agreed to babysit her little one and we hit the club.
It was interesting to say the least. The "club" is the restaurant right next to mine. The owner has been telling me how busy it gets now that they have a DJ and I have been itching to dance for years. I love that Chris doesn't drink, because it would have been uncomfortable for me.
This woman below was like something from SNL. She must have been in her late 60's and had her shirt all pulled up and had some serious fancy footwork.
Think Bainbridge Island isn't hip enough to have a dance club? You are right.
We laughed our butts off all night at the unusual people that come out. We also had two drunk chicks that wouldn't leave us alone and kept high fiving and hugging us.
The DJ was alright, but most of the songs were new and we aren't as familiar with them. Yes...I felt pretty old although, this DJ walked away with some great recommendations from us.
I still got it! I was nervous not having danced in so long. It came right back to me and I even had a young black girl come tell me what a great dancer I am. Wait...maybe she was drunk too.
All I know is that at one point, I tried to get "low" like my yoga trained friend and um.....lost my balance and ended up on my butt. What's worse....I wasn't even embarrassed. THATS how old I am!
My friend Chris. She owns Stellar Skin and looks AMAZING. I was shocked to find out that she is 47. Incredible.



I couldn't stop taking photos and mini videos. Enjoy this last one. These two are truly the highlight of the night. I scooped up my sleeping Myron at 12:30 and came home to an awake husband. We stayed up until 3 or so just laughing as I shared the photos and videos and today....
we slept until 11!! So...no church. BUT...we read 3 chapters in Jacob tonight to make up for it.
I was so moved by chapters 2 and 3. I loved reading about how sacred chastity is in Heavenly Fathers eyes.
xo

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Only you could manage to combine pictures of drunk, skanky clubbers AND a testimony of chastity from the Book of Mormon in the same blog post. :-) Glad you had a good time.

Kate said...

Ha ha!! I'll take that as a compliment. It was definitely a guilty pleasure and I totally had to balance it with some good book reading to steady my wild spirit. xo