Thursday, September 9, 2010

Topless Bar?!!

Did that get your attention? Thought it might. It has gotten everyone elses attention as well 'round these parts. I remember the first time I heard it. My brothers cute and hip girlfriend has worked at a Tapas bar in Bellingham for a few years and everytime he says it, I still think "topless"?? A Tapas bar is a restaurant where a wide array of appetizers and meat and cheese plates are offered. It was wonderful. 6 of us went out on Sat. night to welcome a new sister to the ward. As you can see from the above photo...my hero, Brooke downed the baby octopus side of the calamari. She rocks! It was alright, being my first time eating it....and it wasn't even fried!
As you can see from the below photo...Leslie did not like it and everyone else wouldn't even try it. So...Leslie lou ended up taking it home to her hubby. He earned it after the funny story Les told about his failed attempt at boiling a whole octopus at home.

Another fun opportunity we had was when a friend asked if she could photograph Mae and Nora for our other friends clothing line. Of course, we jumped at the chance and even got a beautiful photo of Rhonda and I, each holding each others little girl. What a special thing , that love we share for each other and our children.


Rylan is in 1st grade and actually loving it. I miss him like crazy although when he and Mae are together at my store, I forget about missing him and quickly revert to wanting to pull my hair out. School is a very good thing for Rylan and me!
On Mondays we are home and we get to walk down to get Rylan from the bus stop.
Mae loves to pick out her clothes now and I love what she comes up with.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ps- LOVE that my Brookester is wearing earrings from Indie Banditas. Don't they just look fabulous on her?