Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jumble wumble this or that

The kids attempted to spend the night on the trampoline Friday night. Ry and Brennan opted to come in the house after hearing something in the bushes (we live in the forest). Nathan and Myron were adamant that they could and would spend the night. Well......(and this isn't nice), I didn't want them too because that meant I wouldn't sleep and they had games in the morning. So...we told them that we were going to bed, turned out ALL the lights in the house and outside lights and pretended to go to sleep. Meanwhile, Shane snuck out to scare them. It took him about 20 minutes...he was really into it. Brennan gave me the play by play as he watched out the window and I sat on the couch with Ry and Mae assuring them that it was not "scary". Yes, I felt pretty foolish and immature, but MAN were they going to be scared. It was going to be awesome! Nathan had a flashlight and was frantically shining it around and happened to shine it right on Shane. Darnit!! After 20+ minutes.....too! The boys weren't scared at all. Oh well...the fun times will be when the boys are old enough to scare their daddy and make up for years of jump outs and other "things that go bump in the night" moves!

Back to normalcy, I suppose. Here are some fun photos of the little ones.







Yes....she actually let me put rollers in her hair. Too bad her hair is so fine that the curls never stay. We had a lot of fun though.
We had a tough week. The kids and I have all been sick off and on and finally yesterday, I started feeling like myself. R and I managed to get out and go on our "birthday day" together and really enjoyed each others company. We also attended our Stake Relief Soc. broadcast.
Here's hoping for a great week.
-K

No comments: