Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Almost, but not yet, but quite soon, first day of Kindergarten!






Today was the "teaser day" of Kindergarten. The kids were able to visit the classroom today for 1 hour. I left Mae with our favorite babysitter and neighbor, Kimberly, and headed out with Rylan, just the two of us. It was so nice to get that time with him. He was shy and wanted me nearby, but as soon as his teacher started reading "The Kissing Hand", he settled right in with the other kids. I think it will be better tomorrow when he sees his friend and church mate Angelina. He really wants to ride the bus tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. :)
The rest of the boys had GREAT days at school and haven't stopped talking about how cool their teachers are. Two of the boys already had homework! Poor guys. I love this time of year and am excited about fresh starts.
I added a little Mae cuteness at the end there. She is loving her kitty and watching her all time favorite (watched at LEAST once a day) film, Coraline. Yes.....I know it's dark . She wouldn't be a Butler if she didn't love Tim Burton and Danny Elfman films.
Tata for now.

1 comment:

Laurene Ross said...

Me is super cute. As well as the boys! I love the picture of her peeking through the orange slide. I hope all went well today and you get some sleep tonight:)