Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It has been complete craziness this past week and a half. The kids start school tomorrow and up until the LAST minute, I won't be ready. I cannot believe how much school paraphernalia they needed. Nathan needed 6 binders alone! Rylan is so excited to be starting kindergarten and today we arrived to the "Meet and Greet" at his school just an hour too late. Come on people, you KNOW I am not a morning person. It was from 9-10am. Normally it is in the afternoon and the week before school starts, not the day before. After the missed meet and greet, we headed to Rylans friends house for a birthday party. I tried to leave and luckily noticed Rylan chasing behind me screaming "MOM"!!! Back to the party we went and had a terrific time with the moms that were there.
I sAfter THAT party, it was on to the next one. A surprise bday party for a close friend. I put Mae down for a nap and home and headed out (a little late) to find said location. Guess what, although I grew up here, I had NEVER heard of the road this person lived on. I spent over 45 minutes driving and walking around to find this house. I was SO frustrated, I finally gave up and left. No, .....I don't own a cell phone and ........YES I am planning on getting one this week, if not first thing in the morning. What made it all the more frustrating was that I found my friend Jen's van but still could not find the party. I walked up and down the road a few times looking for familiar cars but still.........ZIP.......ZILCH........NOTHING!!!
After that, we picked up daddy, stopped by home and picked up Mae and headed for the school for the Kindergarten open house.
Luckily Ry got to meet his teacher finally and is really excited to meet her. Ps- He hasn't done the "down the shirt grab" in 2 DAYS!!! If you know me,........you know how monumental this is!
His Dr. gave him a great talk yesterday and it really worked.
Here are some fun photos of the kids from today and a video just to catch you up on how big the kids are getting. I am looking forward to spending time with Mae even if it is just a few hours a day just the two of us. Tonight Shane gave each of the boys their back to school blessings and Mae was right there beside him after the last one saying "my turn". Too sweet. She kept her eyes closed and arms folded through each (long) one. Shane gave her a sweet blessing about the time she and I get to spend together. Thank you daddy. We love you.


Rylan and his friend Cash.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

Katie, I'm so sorry you couldn't find the house! And you even saw my van? It's just around the corner from where I parked, between where the construction was and the old cabin, across from the pinkish/brownish mobile home. Bummer! We were wondering where you were.