Friday, October 15, 2010

Rocky Horror Picture Show

I have been fortunate to become close with the cast of Rocky Horror Picture show, our local BPA crew. I sold quite a bit of the films paraphernalia in my store before there was even talk of the play. This is a play that is not for the weak of heart. Bryan, played Rocky, and was absolutely brilliant. He was upset with me for not being at the first half, but I was in Seattle stuck in traffic, trying to get back in time. I say this because, his parents will not get to see him perform in this play. In fact, most members will not get to see him perform and it is a shame.
I have never seen him act or sing so well. He truly shines in this role.
For me, theater is art. It can be beautiful, ugly, shocking, and provocative. That is the beauty of it. The acting was incredible. This may just be the most risque play that BPA has put on and you could feel the excitement in the air as we all watched.
The music, staging, lighting...it all was truly broadway worthy.

The "risque" scene. Not really risque, but for this little Island, it is. Many children were in the audience, although it was stated it was PG-13. Again....theater is art.

Frankfurter, the transvestite from Transylvania. I actually think that Frankfurter could have done a little better if he was actually gay, but alas, this Frank is married to a woman in real life.
He seemed a little stiff and uncomfortable in parts.

I had a great time, even if I only caught the last half. I intend to go back and watch the entire thing.

No comments: