Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nathan~ A Gift From God

Above photo. Nathan ingesting the entire Wasabi pile in one swallow. He loves a good dare.

Today was not as hard as I thought it would be. I went to the store and sold whatever I could to help reduce the amount of items I come home with. Displays, tables, shelves etc. It was like a big garage sale and I walked away with much more than I anticipated.
Nathan went on the temple trip. At about 7, he walked into my store. He took one look at me and opened his arms for me to come to him. I did and he said "aw...I love you mom, this is the right thing".
He is such an amazing boy. I am so thankful for him. Sometimes...okay, a lot of the time, he can be a typical teenager.
He knows it all, fights with his brothers etc. But, this kid of mine, is a shining star. He reads his scriptures every night, prepares dedications that he hasn't even been asked to prepare, for seminary, for "just in case".
Tonight, after closing the store, we went to dinner at Shima. He is such a pleasure to be around and I am thankful to call him one of my best friends. Talking about friends tonight, he said this. " Mom, you know when kids are mean, and I know you might not understand this, but when they are mean, I just think about how they chose to be here". " They made the right decision and chose the right, they just don't know it yet". Yes Nathan, I SO get it. I am enthralled with his level of thinking. He is so compassionate and loving. He talked about how at school he hangs out with everyone. He doesn't want to be grouped into a certain "type" of crowd.
He is in awe of his seminary teacher. Thank you Bro. Amelang. You are really reaching these kids.
He feels so good when one of his leaders , Brother Russell, tells him that he is the most dedicated kid because he rides his bike to seminary. These amazing adults in our childrens life have truly helped to mold my children into the people they are.
Thank you wherever you are...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I think it's awesome that he rides his bike to seminary every morning, too! You're a great mom, and you're raising a great kid!