Thursday, October 7, 2010

Indie Banditas closing

Today has been a tough day. I have decided to close the store.
With my landlord letting me out of my lease, I just took it as another sign that now
just is not my time to be a shop owner.. I have three days to get things boxed up, shipped out, and thrown out.
I will definitely be shedding some tears as we repaint the floors. All those beautiful signatures.
People that came in and hoped that when they came back, they could still find their name.
Kids that would come in and spend several minutes before finding theirs.
With the economy the way it is, it was a definite risk to start a new business.
It was a dream of mine, but in the last month, it really lost it's appeal.
Rylan just starting school and not having a mom to come home to was a big pang in my heart.
Days of making no more than 30 or so dollars, but having to stay there all day....were torture.
No matter how much you love something, sometimes you just have to look at the big picture.
The big picture is that my family needs me and I need them. I need the schedules, as chaotic as they are. I need/love to cook dinner, read stories, help with homework etc. Not that I couldn't do that before, but a mom that works all day and then has to shuttle kids around, isn't a happy mom to be around. I will still be running the craft shows (next one Nov. 26th, 27th) and will take my store online to sell that way. I still have dreams of owning my own little book/indie craft shop again, but next time, when all my ducks are in a row.
Thanks to everyone for all your support.

No comments: