Saturday, April 18, 2009

Youth temple trip

Today our youth went to the Seattle temple to perform baptisms. It was a very special day and I was happy to help out and witness Myron and Nathan performing this sacred ordinance.
It was also fun to get to know a few men in the ward better. Brad picked us up and we had a fun conversation about facebook, we rode with Brother Williams to the temple and talked about sharks (apparently Carter has the same fascination that we do), and on the way home SURVIVED Nathan's Seattle savvy drive to the ferry. Sorry Nathan R, but I have to tell on you about the red light. That was so awesome though! We made the ferry after all didn't we. It was fun to say the least.




Ps- A funny story. My job was to hand towels to the kids as they came out of the font. The kids waiting were able to watch through a glass window. Myron kept trying to get a message to me by trying to manipulate his hands into letters. I was trying to be reverent and still decode his message. Did he have to go Pee? (P), was he sick? (s) W, I wasn't sure on. Afterwards as we were eating dinner, I finally asked, "Myron, what was so important? What were you trying to tell me" and his reply was " I was telling you my locker number". It was too funny. Here I was thinking it was something important and trying to decode this important message that was just a random number. I love you Myron.

No comments: