Saturday, April 25, 2009

Post number 3- Temple trip




I wish that I had taken some photos of the temple while we were there, but as luck would have it, I left it in the truck. Nonny and I raced to the ferry with minutes to spare. We were lucky that the ferry was late and we had made it. It was last minute and we were rushing to find a ride and get all the kiddos situated. Somehow it all came together and we were able to spend some much needed quality time with each other. After the temple, we decided to walk around downtown Seattle. We grabbed some clam and chips from Ivars and headed down to sit on the dock and eat. Nonny being small and nimble opted for us to climb up the below concrete wall and sit and eat there. She jumped right up. I on the otherhand, had to walk over to the stairs, climb onto the guard rail and then onto the top. In a SKIRT no less! I can only imagine what someone would think if they tried to follow our conversation. We talk about everything all at once. I talk over her, she talks over me, we cut each other off and start new conversations. We had so much to get in that we hadn't had much time to talk about before. In the end, I am just so thankful for our trip. It strengthened our friendship, hearts and spirits.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you guys made it to the temple. If I wasn't worried that Nathan would be late getting off work, I would have offered to drive you. Maybe next time.