Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our first beautiful, hot and sunny day






What a day it was. It started with our first trip to the beach this year (to play). I took Mae and Ry and packed a lunch. Last year, Mae was crawling and I was so excited to see her reaction to the ocean on foot. I was able to capture it on our camcorder, but too late on my camera.
Here's how it went. I was sitting up from the water, in the sand and Mae took off as soon as her eyes met the water. I expected her to wade in slowly and do the typical jumping around because of the frigid temperature. Nope.....she kept walking straight ahead until she was up to her waist. On the camcorder, you see this and then me dropping the camera and running to her as fast as I can. All you can see is my feet and a view of the water with me in the background. It is pretty funny to watch. I had envisioned the kids playing in the sand while I read my book. I should have known, Mae would break this habit. Instead, after countless times running to take her out of the water, we retreated to the playground. Afterwards, we stopped by Nonnys to see Nora and Hiram for a little bit. Later that day, Brennan had a game against the Dodgers, another team that is very good. It was an intense game. I was the announcer and it was hard to keep my enthusiasm for OUR team in check. The last two innings, and in the end were tied. So far, we are number one in the league because we have only tied once and the Dodgers have tied twice. That night reminded me why it is that I love baseball. You never know how it is going to turn out. Brennan pitched 3 innings and was excellent.
Here are some photos and a video from yesterday.

No comments: