Thursday, April 9, 2009

Coach Shane and YM/YW conference bowl

Before I get started blogging about today, I just have to address the above photo. Rylan is SO excited about finally being old enough to play ball and having his dad coach, that he is refusing to take his bball shirt off. Luckily, the hat I removed.


The above photo is of Shane and his T-ball team, the Cubs. The kids are so sweet and Shane is just so gentle and amazing with them. Rylan has been calling Shane "coach" all night. It is too funny.
The next few photos are from tonights Young Men and Young Women activity at our church.
All the youth were separated into 3 teams and quizzed on what they learned during this past General Conference section. It was a lot of fun and a great way for the kids to bond. My kids listened extra hard to the speakers this time as well! Great idea.


Above is Mae, my little bohemian bella. She just loves her mini purse that is just like moms. No, she wasn't eating any McDonalds for those of you that know me. For some reason, the church used these cups for the water. Don't worry, I am still boycotting fast food.
Another great photo of tonights events. We didn't get to leave the church until 9:30 tonight.
Myron and Nathan both had interviews. Myron will be ordained this Sunday and Nathan had a temple recommend interview. Tonight before bed, Nathan came into our room and asked if the temple day was the same day as a baseball game. I let him know that it was. He said, "mom, going to the temple is so special. I need to miss the game". This was all on his own. He went on to say how he wished he could work at the temple and that that will be what he will do when he is old. I was so proud. He is such a great example to me.
Tata for now. I have two more blogs to update!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thanks for posting the photos of the youth activity. I didn't get to see it. I thought it was a great idea, too!

I'm so sad that Ben isn't on Rylan's t-ball team! That would have been so much fun. He's on the Marlins.