Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Haley and dad in India


My heart is overwhelmed as I see these photos. My little sister who is 17 and my father just returned from India last week. They were helping to build homes with Habitat for Humanity which is dear to our hearts. My little sister had such an urge to help and sought out this program on her own. I wasn't expecting to see photos until this summer when we visit, but happily, I discovered these on another girls facebook page that happens to be more computer literate than my sister. I am so proud of Haley and my dad. I wish I could have been there. If our mother was still here, I can just see her there as well, helping along side them. It was definitely something she would have aspired to do.
I love the above photo of my dad. He has sweat on his back and it is just like him to give his all to help a worthy cause. He is the hardest worker I know.
The above photo is of my dad and I have no idea who else. Again.......just like him!
The most beautiful photo of Haley below. I can't wait to frame this.

What an amazing trip. I hope I get to make it someday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OK-so I thought I would check here to see if you were REALLY prego--I dont see anything so I say NO..now that is a really mean joke to play on someone that loves to play with your babies....and if you were going to have more, I was going to live vicariously through you!

Either way--I still have Mae :)

Elizabeth said...

India is an Amazing Country! I loved my trip to Agra 4 years ago. I hope you get to go someday too.

Kate said...

Me too!

Ashley said...

Wow--what a really cool experience for your dad and sister. I love just looking at the photos!