Saturday, April 25, 2009

Post number 1- Rachel's baby shower

One of my oldest and dearest friends had her baby shower tonight. Rach and I have been close friends for 20 years (we figured out today). Same goes for several of my high school friends that were in attendance tonight. The above photo is of one of my best friends, Vi. Vi, Rach and I are like sisters. They were there for me when my mom died and were close with my family. We have been through thick and thin and it was just like old times when we were all together tonight. There were about 40 guests and when Rach was opening presents, it felt as though just the three of us were in a room alone. We were giggling and teasing, cracking jokes, reminiscing and laughing about old times. Vi just lives in Suquamish and Rach is in Kingston and yet, we never find the time to be together.
Morgan and Karen above live on the Island as well with little kiddos. We have plans to hang out more, but between church, school and sports, I don't know if we will.
Beautiful Rachel above. Her family is like my family. When I got the news that my mom had taken a turn for the worse, I was at Rachels.
Rachel has always been amazing with kids. Just look at the above photo. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this and I couldn't help but start crying when I saw her tonight. My little sisters and my own children have always adored Rach. She came to see me in Utah after I had Myron.
The above photo is of Karen, Rach, me and Vi. Below is Emily, Rachels little sister.

Grandma Foff.
I love you Rach.

This video is for you Em. Rachel's brother Dans, little guy Calvin and all his little cousins/friends chasing him.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

OH, FUN! Arent girlfriends the best?! I am in Utah now and am missing my friends in Oregon like crazy. Its so funny, when I first saw this post, I knew I recognized Vi, I remember her SO much from high school, (not that she would remember me though) how cool that you are all still friends :)