Sunday, March 1, 2009

Out with the old, in with the "newer old"


The less than desirable couch photographed above has been in our possession for 9 years. It was bought new for a ridiculous amount from one of those furniture rent to own places and I was intent on getting our moneys worth out of it! For the past couple of years, I have had my eyes open for a new/used couch for the right price. Keep in mind, this is Shane's bed, so I really had to be picky. Sorry,..Shane's snores sound like a freight train is going through the house. Anyhow..
someone just happened to be selling a perfect couch on Bainbridge Online Yard Sale, for 150.00.
It is only a couple of years old and quite lovely. The price was great too, but I had to try for less. I managed to get them down to 60 or 80 for delivery. I chose 80.00. I posted our old couch on freecycle and it will be picked up tomorrow night, right in time for the delivery of our new/old couch. So, why is it so hard to let this couch go? Is it that it has seen us through so many times, good and bad? We all fit so perfectly on the couch..will we all fit so well on the new one?
Or is it just my inability to let anything go. Relationships, furniture, junk...etc. So, this is my first step on letting go....and i am starting with a couch. Hey...baby steps right? Next..... the boxes of unknowables in the basement. Here is the couch in all it's glory. Better show it off now before it is covered in stains of every flavor, size and shape.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Nice couch Katie! It looks especially nice with the red slippers underneath. :-) Glad you scored such a great deal.

Oh,and FYI, I just discovered how to back up my blog so that I won't risk losing it like you did. It's super simple to do and now I can stop stressing about it.

Kate said...

Okay, so share the knowledge. What site?