Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sweet boy......Myron.








Today was "Myro's" birthday. He is now 12 years old. I cannot believe it. To celebrate, I let him skip school today. His choice of what to do on his special day? Play computer! Am I that restrictive? For his special dinner, we met with our dear friends for dinner at Casa Rojas. It was fun, wild and the highlight of the night was the birthday song. The had the whole band going. Guitar, maracas, stereo with background music. It was great. Myron really got into it and started dancing. Myrons best friend L decided to smush some cupcake into his mouth and kiss his mom. Poor R. All in all.....a terrific night and his highlight was dinner with our friends. I love you Myron!


BIRTH STORY (Skip reading if you are not a mom)
Out of all my births, his is and will always be the most memorable. My only medication free delivery. Not by choice for sure!
He came to me 4 weeks early. They had been trying to stop my contractions for a month and I had gone into the hospital that afternoon with contractions. They were painful and I was sure they wouldn't send me home. I was wrong. Good thing we only lived 4 blocks away. He came so fast the doctor barely made it. They sent me home at a 3 and I came back exactly one hour and 12 contractions apart, a quickly progressing 7. I remember just trying to cross the hospital parking lot as a truck was coming our way. A contraction hit me so hard that I couldn't even take a step. It was a pain I will never forget. I didn't even risk it with the three children that followed. My good friend Elisa said to me once " It's like taking a casserole out of the oven, you either wear oven mitts or you dont". I couldn't agree with her more. After being seen, they rushed me into the delivery room and I begged, screamed for the epidural. I looked over at my husband who was white as a ghost. The nurses were asking HIM if he was alright and helping him! They begged me not to push, but I just had to. I pushed once and my water broke, once more and the doctor barely had time to get his gloves and mask on before he caught Myron. It was an amazing birth. Myron was the sweetest newborn. Dark skin, big brown eyes and the chubbiest little chipmunk cheeks. He weighed 6lbz 4oz and even now, is below the 5th percentile in size and weight. Good things DO come in little packages. Again, out of all of my births, his was the sweetest. I felt amazing afterwards and it was the first child that I spent the night at the hospital with all alone. I treasured that time. He has always been the most amazing guy. Sweet, kind beyond belief and the most loving treasure I could ever wish for. He would go to anyone and just cuddle them. He didn't speak a word until he was nearly two years old. He slept ALL night! Just the most content little guy. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people in the entire world. I wouldn't dream of you not being in my life.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday, Myron! I can't believe he's 12. What a sweet story of his birth.