Friday, March 27, 2009

Baseball, Myron and my home away from home




Tonight Myron had a scrimmage game against the Mariners. The Mariners have an amazing player on their team. Garrett R. He is as tall as a high schooler and hits home runs more than any other player I have ever seen. Myron pitched and was as cool as a cucumber. I was such the proud mama watching him. This kid may be small, but he is mighty. He is an amazing pitcher and all around team player. The highlight of tonight was when he was running to first base, tripped and slid about 2 feet from the base. Instead of being embarrassed, he did a little dance and continued to theatrically touch 1st base after obviously being out. We all had a good laugh. He is such a good sport. After baseball, for reasons, I cannot state here, I went to my dearest friend R's house to vent. Her spouse went down to Palm Springs early, so I helped with getting her kids (my honorary neice and nephews to bed). It was so nice to get that time with them. I told them stories, tucked them in and got N ready for bed. Afterwards R and I watched an AMAZING film by Wayne Dyers called "Ambition to Meaning". I had to head home around 11pm and leave R watching the end of the film alone. I intend to buy the film and watch it with hubby.
Ps- I forgot to mention the great photo of Coach's wife, Shannon and dear friend with Mae. They have had such a special relationship ever since Mae was born. She was showing Mae how to run the bases and I kept saying "no shannon! she is going to be a ballerina".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will get her playing ball! You just watch! LOL