Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy bazaar beauties buzzing by brilliantly

Bzzzzzzzzzz. This bazaar thing is making me well.....a little bizarre so excuse the post title. I have been working nonstop since yesterday at 2pm. Hours upon hours of emailing, recruiting, setting up websites, posting photos, establishing accounts, and.....did I say emailing? It is insane how much I check my email. I am getting scared that it's going to be like this for the next three months and I still have baseball season to get through. 4 kids, 4 different leagues. Usually at least two of the boys have been on the same team, so that has been 2 team schedules and we were still running 6 days a week!! Top that with a visit from Shanes parents, the week of the bazaar and Shanes biological grandma and aunts that we are meeting for the first time a couple of weeks after the bazaar!
I am excited about Shanes mom and dad coming because his mom will be such a huge help. Now the bazaar has evolved to 30 confirmed artists and 20 80%sure artists, a fashion show, a concert, two book readings, an art demonstration and food! It is big. It is my baby and it feels so good to be so passionate about something again. I wake up excited and fall asleep excited. It's like running a marathon, or what I imagine a marathon to be. You work hard and it pays off in the end. I felt so proud at our last one and I know I will feel the same after this one. It feels good to be doing something important that hopefully will have a lasting impression on our community.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! The bazaar sounds impressive. Way to go! When and where is it?

Kate said...

June 5th and 6th at Eagle Harbor Congregational church. Click on the Indie Banditas logo to the left on my blog. :)

Jill said...

You shouldn't miss it! It's going to be great!