Saturday, July 5, 2008

Things I have learned while on bed rest today aka...lazy Saturday

Some things I learned today. It's okay if the house ends up looking like this. My peekaboo view is nearly nonexistent thanks to summer, but who's complaining?
It's okay if Rylans feet look like this......
Because he is the cutest little guy I know at this age~
It's fun being on the floor if this is your company
and the only way to get your daughter to hold still is to allow her to look at herself....

did I mention that Rylan has the most adorable freckles?? It's worth lying on the floor if you get a shot like this. Look at those rolls!

It's fun to see all of Mae's expressions. This one was "oh...the kitty"!
I learned how special a daddy daughter relationship can be.

Daddy's make everything all better and safe, even scary kittens.....yes.....scary!?
I CAN play with Mae while lying on the floor! It's called peekaboo!

It was just another lazy Saturday. Nathan and Myron are off to friends houses to give mom a break. Really, I don't need one. I feel fine thanks to the pain medicine, but it is really nice to have the house so quiet. Sorry boys, I miss you like crazy everytime you go, but it is nice. It's funny saying I get a break when I still have three at home, but it truly is. I am terrificly bored and think this might be a good time to start sewing my felt foods for the kids. This is my new project. I am going to make all sorts of foods out of my wool felt and stuff them with the wool from the Boundys sheep assuming they ever let us over to corral them and get them sheared. If I can't start on that, i'll just finish doing the birthday flags that I make for all the kids. I didn't get to finish Mae's in time for her birthday. I was thinking of expanding and doing holiday flags as well. For those of you who don't know what they are, they are triangle flags, about 8 that hang from a string and have a different patterned material for each flag. They look like patchwork quilts and I love hanging them every year instead of wasting crepe paper. Go green! I also want to make some more sock monkeys. While we were in Bellingham last year, I went into this great kids shop to buy Mae her "all natural" presents. I found a sock monkey kit. All organic materials, very soft and earth friendly. I left the button eyes off and the tail.....but it is so cute. It would be fun to make different ones with different materials for presents. They remind me of the Waldorf toys from Myron and Rylans old Waldorf school, Madrona here on the Island. I like the simplicity of the toys. We have really been trying to only buy wooden and other natural toys because they last longer and we feel we are doing something good by buying these, even though they are more costly. They are true treasures. I am thinking of sending Rylan back to Madrona and starting Mae at Madrona in Kindergarten as well. Myron didn't do well going from public school to Waldorf , but I think that if Rylan and Mae start out and finish in Waldorf education, it would work out perfect. We'll see! That's all for now.

No comments: