Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Myron, Liam and Jared outside the church getting ready to leave for their first campout.

Some of the gang getting ready for the parade

Rhonda, Nora and I. Some of our close friends

2007


2008




Today was the 27th annual 4th of July parade downtown. I remember attending last year with newborn baby Mae in tow. Look how much she's changed! And me! Time to start walking again.



We sat with some of our friends and the boys used their squirt guns to shoot various parade walkers with water. Nora, my close friend Rhonda's daughter kept coming and snuggling with me, so I had to add her. I wasn't sure if I'd get to make it today. Yesterday I was in the hospital with horrible abdomen pain that turned out to be gall stones. Around 10 to be exact. I have to go into surgery on Monday to have my gall bladder removed. Luckily, they have this beautiful take this pain away drug called Diladin or something that almost makes it worth it. Almost. Tonight, we are going to the Hansens to let the kiddos set off some little fireworks so i'll post those pics tomorrow.
Myron went on his first ever scout campout last weekend. He went with his buddies, Liam Topham (Rhonda's son) and Jared Russell . Such great boys. I feel so blessed that he has them to grow up with. Rhonda is one of my very closest friends and Liam and Myron have been good friends for 5 years. I remember a couple of summers ago when she and I were talking about how great it would be to have a little girl. Rhonda had 3 boys and I had 4 boys at that time and they were all running around at her house. Who would have thought just a couple of years later that we would both have a little girl and even better, that they adore each other and are only a few months apart.
That's all for now.












1 comment:

Jenny said...

I've been trying to call you! Gall stones? Yikes! What can we do to help you guys? Let me know!