Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rylans day in Seattle

Yesterday we felt the urge to get off the Island. Shane took the day off of work and we asked the boys what they wanted to do for fun. Nathan, Myron and Brennan all wanted to play at their friends houses so...we took advantage of the fact that it would be just the little ones with us. We made it Rylans special day in Seattle. I am posting so many photos that i'll keep the blog short. Ciao.
Here is Rylan getting ready to board the monorail. He was so excited. Here is Ry at the Childrens Museum in their mini mexican restaurant. It was so much fun!
This is the mini grocery store.
He spent a lot of time shopping for just the right ingredients.
Mae was pooped by the end of it.

After rushing to get home, I ended up making it to my good friend Carlyn's birthday. From left to right, Jenny, Carlyn, Nicole and I.

Rylan eating the much desired cotton candy. Pike Place market. I had to take a photo of the new area above. I loved the flowers and tables with the umbrellas.
Beautiful market treasures. My favorite purchases are grapples, artichokes and mini cauliflower.
Tonight I made my famous chicken pot pie with rosemary. It was nice to buy fresh produce.


Mae and Ry in a mock fire truck at the childrens museum
Mae at the childrens museum. She was so excited about the balls. She would put one in each hand and then another would roll down. It was so funny to see her trying to grab each one.
This is the amazing water feature at Seattle center. Kids from all over come to play in this.
Rylan got soaked. Funny little guy. He didn't mean to. It was too funny.
At Seattle center they have carnival rides and Rylan got to drive a bumper car. He was so excited. It was his best day ever.





I don't know how to rotate this video so you all can see it normally. This was a great guy that I really wanted to capture on film. There are so many musicians at Pike Place, but this one really captured my interest. Enjoy.




I tried to do a 360 view of Pike Place but my memory was full right before my complete circle.

Here is Mae and Ry just before we entered the museum. Mae just couldn't stop laughing at how silly it was that Rylans head was on the body of a fish. Too cute.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like you had an amazing day! What a treat to get to focus on Rylan and the things he wanted to do.

Corey said...

I love the Children's Museum and the Seattle Center. Since we live so close we have a membership and go there a lot. Especially on rainy days. Let me know if you'd like to go with the little ones again because I can get up to 4 guest in for free each time I go!

Kate said...

Corey! That would be so much fun.
I am available anytime next week until Friday. It's my wedding anniversary Saturday, so we are going to spend the weekend up at the Hunts cabin. Yay for friends!