Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No clever post title

I know, it's been a while since I have posted some photos. I have been having camera issues. On Monday, Leslie Lou and I took the kids to Silverdale. Well, I took two of mine and she took her three. Our "quick trip" into Silverdale (about 20 minutes from us) ended up taking 4 hours. First Rylan was car sick, Dillon decided to sneak out of his car seat and climb over the seats, Mae decided she'd had enough of the car seat and let us know by screaming, Kate was sleepy and wanted out of her seat,then of course, Rylan was sick again. Meanwhile, we did squeeze in some mommy time at Joanns and the Learning Tree. Thank you Leslie for a fun time. It's nice to go through these things together. It's a good thing that our kids are so stinkin cute! Leslie and I went to Joanns to purchase felt for our felt foods projects. We are really excited to get started to stay tuned for photos of our creations. I am hoping that by the time Mae is 3, I will have a lot of fun foods for her to play with. Last night, Chantal and I started our night walking routine. It was nice and cool outside and we got to spend time together just us. Today, Chantal and I took some of our kids to the library book sale. I found some true treasures. I look for vintage childrens books. I read these to my kids because I really feel that society dumbs down our kids. If you read books from even 20 years ago, you can see a drastic difference in the writing and use of words. Plus, it's neat to read about a different time period and hear fun slang such as "oh golly".
I also figure that one day, these books will be worth so much money to my children. It's an investment. My score for the day is an old Oxford Poem book worth 80 dollars that I purchased for 50 cents. My score last month was a Childrens song book from 1911 worth 280.00. Of course, I will never sell these. That's all for now, here are some photos. Ciao

This is Mae in an antique nightgown that I picked up at my friends store. I love to put Mae in it and she loves the softness of the cotton. It is very fragile so I had a friend reinforce the stitches, even still, we'll see how long it can stay this way.
Mae's first trip to the dentist was last week. I cannot believe that they charge the same price for her to go as the boys. All the dentist did was count her teeth and let me know that she has 4 molars coming in. Trust me......I know, she's a moody one that Mae.
Rylan playing the piano this evening. He makes up his own songs.
A cute video of crazy Mae. Brennan is in the background egging her on. He has taught her to growl which is too funny.

No comments: