Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another fun day at home

I don't know how great this post is going to be. I just spent um...about an hour typing about each of these photos. I felt that it was a great post, witty, funny...well, it was a lot of typing at least.
Of course, as I am overlooking the post, sweet, pig tailed Mae pushes one button, yes one button and the whole page was erased. I still have no idea what button she could have pushed. I groaned and immediately Mae started crying. So, I am comforting her and highly irritated at the same time. Meanwhile, here I go again.....
Nathan is away at scout camp this week. As of Saturday he will have been gone 6 days which is a pretty long time to be away from your family. I miss him terribly. Hold on...saving. Anyhow, Nathan, you'll be reading this soon enough and you'll know how much I missed you and what you missed. Save.

Shane suprised us all when he came home from work sporting the same "do" as Mae with her post pig tails "do". Mae had her first popscicle. Okay, maybe not, but she sure looked cute eating this one.-
In this photo, Mae is the epitomy of the bratty little pig tailed sister. I love it!
Not when she's heading for my keyboard, but when she smiles like this I do. Save.

Mae is a monkey. She climbs on everything. 30 seconds before this photo was taken, she had crawled into the window to pluck leaves off my nearly dead plants. Today as we were shopping for flowers, she decided to reach back from the front of the cart and swiftly "deflower" my daisies. Okay, maybe not the best choice of words. That was meant to be a G quotation. She removed the heads. Still not the best choice of words, but you get my drift.
Rylan was sickos today. He woke up this morning with a bad case of the "come ups" and a fever. We promptly rushed to the store to buy all the sicko paraphanelia. Tylenol, Motrin, popscicles, movie, etc. By the time we got home, wouldn't you know it, the sickness had passed when he happened to find a few starburst in dads pocket. We are on a "watch and see" basis.
Finally, here are two more of my monkeys, Brennan and Myron. They come up with strange and fun ways to cure boredom. Here is a classic Butler boys moment caught on tape. Brennan somehow managed to fit into his laundry hamper and Myron snuck over and zipped him in. Well, that was my idea, but Myron did it! Save.




As far as my "cleanse" went. I chickened out and have decided to wait until Saturday when Shane can be here with me. It is just too hard to stay on your right side half the day and watch your kids. I tried, but I didn't last very long. I think doctors are too ready to perform surgery and quick to turn away from any kind of natural remedy. Afterall, where would they be if we started remedying (sp?) our selves? One thing I found out while researching gall bladder disease/stones is that after the gall bladder is removed, you have a higher chance of getting bowel cancer. If your gall bladder is removed, you won't know when you are full. There are many drawbacks to getting the surgery. I'd rather take the "wait and see" approach like with Rylans sickness. That's all for now. Ciao. Save.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love reading your blog! You make a normal day seem like so much fun! I hope your natural remedy works. I agree that doctors are too quick to offer surgery or other expensive tests and procedures. I've definitely adopted the "wait and see" approach! With Nate, I'd rush him to the dr. for every little sniffle, but by the time we got to Ben, he's hardly ever been to the dr.!

Kate said...

You are too nice. Blogging does make every day look like fun. :)
I think it will be nice if I can figure out how to print all of this out and put it in a book. This blogging is like a journal/scrapbook. I love it!