Thursday, November 18, 2010

Turkey Day


Well, it's nearly Turkey Day and as usual, the Butlers haven't been asked once to share this pilgrim feast with anyone. It's hard not to develop a complex. What is it about us that obviously
shuns people away? Is it our ginormous family, my intimidating wit, or my cooking? These are questions enough to make even the most secure feel inadequate. Let's dissect the theories.
The Butlers DO bring an intimidatingly large number to the table, but doesn't my cooking overcompensate for this? Maybe it IS my cooking? The lack of creativity, and traditional know how? I do make the standard green bean, Campbells cream of mushroom soup casserole, when I could be doing the swiss, bacon, FRESH (what?) green bean casserole. Is it my wanting to monopolize your kids and mines attention. I DO favor kids to adults. Maybe I am looking at this from the wrong perspective? I should be inviting people to our house, but.....fact is..our house is pretty small. In fact, it's like living on a boat. So here, "shopper arounders" for people to have over. Heres what we can bring to the "table" sort of speak.
-A 14 year old that refuses to do anything we ask, but WILL do anything YOU ask.
-A 13 year old that can say a heck of a prayer and at the same time, while your eyes are closed, sneak a roll.
-A 12 year old so eager to please, he will gladly jump from your roof if you dare him too.
-A 6 year old that wont eat anything but the marshmallows and secretly feed your pet under the table
-A 3 year old so completely bossy that none of us can eat until she says HER proper prayer.
-OH.....and a overwhelmed mama with a show the next day and a husband that by all rights just might leave her for her insanity that said week.
So....I leave you with that thought. How can you turn us down. I mean.......how "CUTE" are we??

No comments: