Saturday, November 20, 2010

Powers Out!

There's nothing I enjoy more than a power outage. Hey, I enjoy the fear of trees falling as much as the next guy. With that being said, Where am I you ask? "Surely with the power out, you would not have a lamp on". Well, as much as I'd love to tell you that I am still at home with a lovely generator powering my lamps, television, and laptop...in all reality, I ran my little fanny (and kids)to Grandmas house.....again. Here we have the woodstove to keep us warm if the power goes out and plenty of things and space for the kids. In a weeks time, we will have our own little wood stove installed and ready to go. I have dreams of the boys chopping and stacking wood, sitting around a roaring (inside the stove) fire, reading books by candlelight and every other Little House on the Prairie stereotype I can invoke. The funny thing is, I never turn the heat on at home. I prefer to be cold. But, something about the power being out AND it being cold, just doesn't work for me. So, here I sit, in a fully POWERful environment, tapping away on my laptop and enjoying all that modern conveniences can provide. I realize many of you are without power and I feel for you, I really do. We've done our time too!
It's going to be a cold winter this year. Time to get prepared!


PS! Myrons soccer team beat both teams today in the Presidents Cup tournament!
He even scored a goal...with his HEAD!! So...tomorrow they will play to win.
They have won the last 2 years, so here's to hoping they win again! Then it's off to state in Bellingham. Yippee!
Disclaimer- Although we are attending Myrons soccer game tomorrow...we do not condone breaking the sabbath.....unless it's really really really worth it!!
Hey, we're not perfect, but....we have the rest of our lives to work on that!
Ciao!

No comments: