Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I HATE Pie!!!

I knew there was a reason that I hated sweets. Tonights experience confirmed why.
I don't "do" pies. I buy pies, i'll take a bite of a cherry pie once in a while, and i'll even do the buy it and roll it out kind. Hey...I can cook. Really...I CAN cook a mean turkey, stuffing...etc.
Pies...eh. Let's just say that I am about ready to throw the pies out the door.
To start with....the stinkin crust. It's so dang temperamental! It's wants it's shortening to be warm, it wants it's water to be ice cold. Heaven help the woman (cursed ME) that tries to do it any other way. So what I ended up with was a crumbling, impossible to work with, overworked crust that I had to "pinch pot" my way to semi prettiness. Yeah...I used pinch pot to describe my crust. Look it up...it's a real technique. (Glances sideways). Anyways... the pumpkin pie is mostly punkin and a slab of crust at the bottom. Hey, at least I bought cool whip to cover it up and when you see the after photos, that I will take....you wont even notice. Right? The only problem? We happen to be spending dessert with our friends the Ross's and she happens to be a PHENOMENAL cook. I emphasized the word because um....she is an amazing cook. So...one wonders...will anyone eat it? Maybe I should just go out and buy one.
I can't cover it up with Cool Whip. My very first apple pie by the way. Rylan made sure to tell everyone how crappy it looks. Thanks buddy.
That's enough ranting for now. Happy Pre THanksgiving to everyone. I hope you all have better luck than me, and if you do.....please spare me the photos~

1 comment:

Erika said...

I don't like pie, and I refuse to make it. Instead this year, we will be feasting on pumpkin cheese cake. Much easier and tastes so much better!