Monday, November 22, 2010

I WONT put sn@! in my title!



Everywhere I look today, facebook, twitter, emails, tv, blogs, etc. It says SNOW.
Us Washingtonians are pretty darn excited about this white stuff. Why? Because we hardly ever get it and when we do, it usually doesn't stick around long.
I want to have this noted, everyones excitement that is, because, next month, this is what I will see.
"Will it EVER go away", " I Hate Snow", "Where's the sun"....etc. and I will remind them of their foolish excitement. I lived for 5 years in Alaska before moving here as a child. I KNOW snow.
Do I like it? Sure...it's pretty. Do I want to go out in it? Nope. Same with sun though really.
Today Mae, Zoe (our dog) and I stayed in bed until noon o'clock. Yup, we did.
We are not even dressed as we speak (well, we are in jammies, and the dog, well, she has fur). It's nice. I don't feel the need to go anywhere, do anything.
Tonight is FHE and we will be talking mostly about preparedness. Getting the lanterns out, talking about the plan for installing our wood stove next week and all the work of chopping and stacking wood. Right now, I put a pork roast in the oven with some shallots, leeks, baby red potatoes and carrots.
In a little bit, I will bake some chocolate chip cookies. From scratch? Hm....nope.
I ought to get dressed. At least put a bra on, and if you know me at all....sorry for that visual.


3 comments:

Incremental Bliss said...

Yummy pork roast for dinner-mmm mmm!

Kate said...

Okay....totally mortified now that Brother Bell just read that post! Ha!

Brooke said...

Well, that is totally going to be how my blog goes. I am LOVING the snow today, but if we still have grey mushy snow a few months from now, I'll probably be sort of grumpy about it. Sorry. I like to rotate through my seasons fairly rapidly - a couple months of hot summer, then I'm ready for rainy fall. A couple months of snow and I'm dying for warmer temps. Call me fickle; I can't help it. :-P