Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nathan the gifted musician of Bainbridge....

Proud mama? I should think so! I want to write a childrens book about Nathan.
He is the most sensitive, imaginative, creative, loving, faithful, loyal, person I know.
He is the best friend you could ever have, although he has few. He is very cautious about who is friends with. He can spot out a superficial person a mile away. This has been our bond ever since he was little. We can see right into people. Sometimes it hurts us, okay....all the time it hurts us.
I am social, he is not. He is always wary of people and their intentions. He'd rather have no friends in the world, than be friends with someone that wanted him to be what he isn't.
I love him. I love that when he was a baby he loved music , not just any music....Bob Marley.
Anytime he would get fussy, we would put that in, or Morrissey and he would quiet right up.
As soon as he was old enough to get a guitar of sorts (3-5 years?) he played. It wasn't until he was around 7 that his music became well....music. He started creating songs, replaying songs he had heard on the radio, and writing his own lyrics. Until TONIGHT, he has refused to sing in front of everyone. He came home from school and announced that he wanted to audition for the high school talent show, and he came prepared with a song from one of his favorite bands, Death Cab for Cutie. It doesn't hurt that the bass guitarist from the band is a family and childhood friend. Brownie points! He has already asked for singing lessons, and I am excited for this! I think he sounds fantastic and I cannot wait for this more confident Nathan to emerge!

No comments: