Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Incredible Breaking Man

This Nathan of mine....(rolling eyes), he is quite the handful. I love him, he is truly one of my best friends, but...he is a toughie. Last night, while sticking up for his younger brother, he got into a wrestling match with Brennan. Instead of yelling at them and getting in the middle of it, Shane said "fight it out"..."get it over with"...."get outside and finish it before you come back in the house". WHAT?! Apparently, this is what his mother said to him and his brother growing up. Weyll......they rassled for a little bit (maybe 30 seconds) and then Nathan went to punch Brennan in the arm and hit the house instead, which resulted in a fractured hand. YAY!
He wanted me to take him in last night and I refused. Let him suffer, I thought. Today I gave in and took him in. He was all smirks the entire time. Not remorseful at all! The Dr. and nurses didn't help either. They laughed and rolled their eyes like it was totally common. Am I in the twilight zone?? You may remember another incident not too long ago when Nathan went to kick Brennan and kicked his head AND broke his foot AND had to be in a cast for months.
I just LOVE explaining to people how he gets his injuries. I am just waiting for CPS to show up at my door and take my kids away. Which....might not be such a bad thing at this point. I need a break!

So.....tomorrow we are off to the Orthopedic dr in Silverdale to have his pinky finger reset and then his arm casted. Fun fun FUN!

1 comment:

Corey said...

Ah man, is this what I have to look forward to being a mother of all boys. Ugh! Good luck and I hope he heals quickly! Casts are never fun in the warm weather!