Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

My children are toads (as friend Cathi would say). I spent a week on Mae's dress...and all night on their ties. All I asked was for them to sit still for a proper photo. Keep in mind that both my cameras aren't working and I had to use my MAC cam. Tough! I finally had it propped on Mae's dollhouse and the kids were just um....TOADS!
After about 20+ photos of them goofing off (these are the best), I got ONE semi good photo.
Bet you can't guess which one....
THEN.....my husband has the N E R V E to call me to lunch by saying "come on crazy KATH".
What?! Don't Call ME Kath!!
I promptly took off in the van, hung out at Sandras for an hour and came back home. Feeling totally unappreciated, I came home to Shane finishing dinner. I am talking, ham in the oven, cream peas and potatoes made and banana cream pie. What did I do? I got angry! How dare he cook dinner and the peas had lumps in it and no potatoes! To say I was grumpy was an understatement. SO....after I "fixed" dinner by adding potatoes to the peas and throwing together some stuffing....I put myself to bed for a loooong nap.
Hey...I am only human. I guess they are too?
So back to Mae's dress....
I went thrifting a couple of weeks ago and saw this beautiful french dress, but size 6. I decided to deconstruct the dress and then reconstruct it to my liking. I cut the back and repositioned the buttons and holes, took the blue gingham ribbon off the waist, bottom and shoulders of the dress, made a fluffy tulle skirt to go underneath and then wrapped ribbon around her waist and hair. I think it turned out great and cost about 10.00. 5.00 for the dress and another little bit for the ribbon and tulle.
It was very sweet. Unlike me....as of late.


Lucky you guys....you get two photos of Mae in this dress because I STILL can't figure out how to delete it on my MAC.
.......and that my loyal and faithful readers?? is all she wrote....


No comments: