Friday, April 22, 2011

Coach Wilo

So, my son has had coach Wilo for 2 years now. Nathan and Myron had him as their coach for two years as well. I'd be lying if I said that this years goodbye isn't going to be an emotional one. We've had our ups and downs with Coach Wilo. We've been upset at each other, more him than us.... Through it all, he has guided, loved, and patiently coached our sons. He has taught them life lessons, he has been their friend, and he has shown them the path to victory inside themselves. When I watched the below video that he shared with the kids, I cried. It doesn't take much, but I cried. Not only did I see my own Brennan in the description of these amazing atheletes, I saw Coach Wilo. Well, I "heard" Coach Wilo in every word that the coach in the video spoke. Every Single Word. It's no wonder he wanted to share this with the kids. The things said in this video are things I have heard him say over and over for the last 6+ years.
Well done Wilo.....it will be a sad goodbye.... (unless he stays until Rylan is in Majors) Fingers crossed. xo



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! That's very sweet. Remember we fight because we care!!!